Real estate questions have nuanced answers. No one situation is exactly the same. Below are some general guidelines, contact me to discuss specifics.
- Should I buy or sell first?
- The strong sellers market in London and area for several years has many people thinking "buy first" by default.
Without exception, this question needs to be addressed carefully by a qualified professional such as a Realtor.
- Is there a best time of year to sell my home?
- In my experience, the best time to sell is generally determined by your goals and life circumstances.
Each season has different chracteristics. Understanding what to expect at different times of year is key.
- How much is commission and how does it work?
- Commission arrangements can differ in rate and structure. The landscape is competitive with many options.
A percentage of sale price is common. Commission is subject to HST.
- Are home prices going to continue to climb?
- The rate of price increases has been very rapid over the past few years in the London area historically speaking.
No one can predict the future, but real estate has a solid track record as a reliable long term investment.